Upledger Institute Classes
Evolve Manual Therapy is a teaching practice and often hosts students of Upledger CranioSacral Therapy for advanced clinical mentorship.
Erin Riley (Evolve’s Director) is an International Lecturer for the Upledger Institute International. Erin combines her passions for travel, sharing knowledge and inspiring others in her teaching role, which has taken her throughout Asia, North America, Central America, Africa and Scandinavia.
Erin is currently certified to teach the following Upledger CranioSacral Therapy classes:
+ CranioSacral Therapy Level 1 (CST1)
+ CranioSacral Therapy Level 2 (CST2)
+ SomatoEmotional Release Level 1 (SER1)
+ Clinical Application of CranioSacral Therapy (CACS)
+ Clinical Application of CranioSacral Therapy & SomatoEmotional® Release (CASR)
+ Clinical Application of Advanced CranioSacral Therapy (CAAD)
+ SomatoEmotional Release Technique: Mastering the Inner Physician (SERTIP)
+ ShareCare® (SCIN)
+ Overview of CranioSacral Therapy (CSTO)
+ Introduction to CranioSacral Therapy (CSTI)
+ CranioSacral Therapy Presentation Tool (CSPT)
Erin is a certified examiner for the Upledger CranioSacral Therapy Techniques Certification exams. For further information on scheduling to take the practical and objective (multiple choice) portions of the CST Techniques exam with Erin please contact us via phone or email.
The CranioSacral Therapy Techniques Certification process is a rewarding one. Once you have successfully completed all requirements (completion of CST2, essay exam, practical exam and objective exam) you will be able to use the designation CST. This designation communicates that you are an Upledger Certified CranioSacral Therapist – Techniques Level.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Allow 4 hours for the full exam process (most often completed in 3 hours)
• The practical exam will be completed first, followed by the objective exam.
• When you come for your exam, you should be prepared to identify hand placements, core intent, tissue release, and be able to verbally articulate any techniques covered in CST1 and CST2.
• When you complete the exam, you will ideally have an understanding of areas where you are strong in your practice as well as areas where you could improve – regardless of whether you have passed the exam or not.
• For the closed book multiple choice, it is useful to make sure that you have read the questions fully and carefully.
• Be thoroughly familiar with the content of CST1 and CST2.
• Have heard the material in both classes more than once.
• Have significant clinical experience doing the work in addition to intellectual understanding.
• Practice verbally describing the work and the techniques.
The IAHE Clinical Mentorship Program for Upledger CranioSacral Therapy is designed to help you flourish as a practitioner. Becoming a skilled practitioner is about more than just learning skills; it is also about developing the art of CranioSacral Therapy. Whatever your level of development, training or skill level, the mentorship program can be tailored to meet your needs.
Reasons why some practitioners receive mentorship:
• To become a better practitioner
• To receive reflection and feedback on current skills
• To review and deepen techniques
• To prepare for certification testing
• To consult on challenging client cases
• To review and deepen technical detail
• To consult on ethical challenges which naturally arise in clinical practice.
Erin is available to sign off on the following mentorship categories:
Category A – Receive treatment from a certified therapist (CST or CST-D):As a Diplomate certified CranioSacral Therapist (CST-D) Erin is able to sign off on your Category A mentorship hours.
Category B – Small/Large Group Mentorship: As a certified Study Group Leader and Certified Clinical Applications Class Instructor, Erin is able to sign off on Category B hours. Practitioners/Students may claim 1 hour per Study Group attended and 6 hours per Clinical Applications Class attended.
Category C – 1×1 Mentorship: Erin has undergone further training to become a certified Category C mentor. This form of mentorship may occur either virtually or in-person and may take a variety of different formats depending on the individual needs of the practitioner.
Find out more about the IAHE Clinical Mentorship Program for Upledger CranioSacral Therapy.
Study Groups are a great way for practitioners to remain current in the work as well as deepen their skills and understanding of CranioSacral Therapy through collaboration. Erin teaches regular Study Groups at her clinic in Adelaide, South Australia and in Melbourne, Victoria. There are also occasional Study Groups scheduled in other Australian states that coincide with Upledger classes.
For an up-to-date CST Study Group schedule, please check out our FaceBook Groups:
Evolve’s mission is to empower people to take a creative role in their own health and wellbeing.
We offer an integrated approach to mindbody medicine through Holistic Manual Therapy, CranioSacral Therapy and SomatoEmotional Release.
0406 249 221
18 Kensington Road, Rose Park
Monday: 9.30am - 7.15pm
Tuesday: 8.00am - 7.00pm
Wednesday: 9.00am - 8.15pm
Thursday: 8.00am - 7.00pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.00pm (alternate)